The Octopus Card. Whether it is for commute, simple purchases or even getting , it is is an important part of the lives of all who live in Hong Kong. Knowing this, we have now added Octopus as part of the accounts supported and so you can see all your finances in one place on Planto.
Benefits of Linking Octopus – Record & Analyse your expenses
Just like any other accounts linked on Planto, you are able to see the breakdown of all your top ups and expenses. These transactions can be viewed and sorted by date and categories and you are able to get insights on your spendings to see how you can better control where your money is going.
How do I link to my Octopus?
If you have downloaded the Octopus App, please make sure you can see your transaction records before you link it to Planto. If you already activated this function, please skip to step 3.
- Download Octopus app from Play Store or App Store.
- Register your Octopus card. If you use an Android phone with NFC, or an iPhone with NFC (iPhone 7 and later with iOS13) you can register your Octopus using the latest version of the Octopus app. For older phones, please register at an Click here to learn more about .
- After registering your Octopus, you can link it to Planto. Press the purple + sign on the Monitor tab.
- Choose Link a bank account, and choose Octopus.
- Enter your Octopus credentials. Tada! Octopus is linked.
For more details, you can refer to our .
Try it out and let us know what you think! We’d love to hear how you have been using the feature and how we can improve it even more😊